Discovery Camp Triumph 2017 FINAL REMINDERS
May the peace of Christ be with you all! Discovery Camp is this weekend! Here are some final reminders and things to bring for this weekend!
REMEMBER! WE ARE CAMPING!
Thank you for signing up for the upcoming Discovery Camp on August 4-6, 2017 which will be held at the Nomoco Group Campground located at 143 Nomoco Road, Freehold, NJ 07728. GPS exact coordinate is: N 40 deg 10.899 W 074 deg 18.849
Registration starts at 5:00PM on Friday, dinner will be served at 7:00 and Camp officially starts at 8:00 PM. There is a mass on site on Saturday at 6:30PM and camp will end at 1:00 PM on Sunday, Aug. 6, 2017, so please plan accordingly.
Please don’t forget to pack/bring the following:
- Signed waiver form (Click to get a copy of the waiver form)
- Registration fee of 30.00 for those who haven’t paid yet Please try to pay in cash if possible.
- Folding chair (there will be no chairs in the site so each one has to bring their own)
- Pillow and pillow case
- Sleeping bag and extra blanket (if you prefer)
- Air bed, if you have one
- Bug spray (there is a tick advisory in the campground and their suggestion is to use an insect repellent with 20-30% DEET on exposed skin and clothing)
- Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Sweater/warm clothes (since it would be cold at night and early morning)
- Clothes good for the 3-day/2-night stay, please include long socks (because of the tick advisory, campground suggestion is to wear long pants and tuck pant legs into socks)
- In addition, to your regular clothes, kindly bring Sunday clothes for mass and a white top for an activity during camp
- Raincoat/umbrella in case it rains
- Flipflop to use when you shower
- Refillable water bottles
- Any medication that you need to take in Zip-Lock bags with your name on the bags.
- As part of the activities, please bring a picture of your family (one for each participant). For those who signed up for the Dance workshop, please bring comfortable clothes for this activity.
- Please do not bring/wear open toe shoes or sandals other than flip flops for showering
For New Jersey participants, kindly email or text by Thursday August 3 who will bring your child to the camp with contact no. and if they are going to be late, around what time they are coming.
We look forward to seeing you then and please continue to pray for good weather and the success of the camp.
In Christ’s Love and Service,
Joseph and Mitch Nacion
CFCYouth NJ Parent Coordinators
Joseph: (908) 625-9720 email@example.com
Mitchell: (908) 727-4025 firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re all excited to see you! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE join us in praying for Good Weather. Join us as we pray this prayer:
“All powerful and ever living God, we find security in your forgiveness. Give us fine weather we pray, so that we may rejoice in your gifts of kindness and use them always for your glory and our good. Amen”